Well we had our little party for the big green day and what a blast we had doing all sorts of fun little things through out the day.
We made our own Happy St. Patrick's Day pictures on green paper, with stickers and drawings.
What you need:
- green paper
- pipe cleaners
How to make these fancy hats:
- Cut 2 shamrocks for each child out of green paper
- Cut a strips of green paper long enough to wrap around your child's head (you might have to tape two pieces together to make it big enough)
- Let the children decorate the head band strips
- Once decorated, wrap the paper around the child's head to make sure its the right size and then staple together.
- Staple a pipe cleaner to the back of each shamrock
- Staple the other end of the pipe cleaner the the head band paper
- Once finished you might want to place a piece of tape over the staples so that they don't get caught in the children's hair, or make sure when you staple that the loops of the staple are to the outside of the head.
While I was making lunch I found some St. Patrick's Day shows on YouTube for the children to watch (as I don't have any of my own!)
For lunch we had some fun also......
I cut their sandwiches in to shamrock shapes
We had cucumbers (cause they are green!)
Our juice was the "pot of gold" as is was a citrus punch
Dessert was vanilla pudding that I died green with food coloring (the kids thought this was just amazing!)
During Lunch time we listened to some Irish and St. Patrick's Day music.
Our afternoon snack they children got to have fun decorating sugar cookies with green icing and shamrock sprinkles.
While the children had their nap/quiet time, I painted small clay pots so they were black. Once dried I placed gold chocolate coins in them. And they can take their pot of gold home for a treat for later (we all know, I have given the kids enough sugar with the cookies and icing, there is no way they get chocolate here too. Mom and Dad can deal with that sugar high!)
Check out additional pictures at Ducky's Photos