Thursday, February 17, 2011

A review from Experience

So over the last while I have tried a number of different activities and crafts with my children and the ones in my care.  We have done letters or numbers assigned to the week and I have also done weeks of just concentrating on a certain object or theme.  I have found that most of the children in my care and younger and the numbers and letters seem to be a little to advanced for them still.  On this note I think I might set those to the side and base my weekly crafts and activities on themes instead.  It will more a less be the same but instead of that letter Aa, we will work on birds or transportation, and continue learning about that theme for the full week.  I know my own daughter loved the letters we were learning so I will continue teaching her on the side, in the evenings and on the weekends.  I will continue posting our weekly activities and crafts for all to see, but I just wanted to send a quick note out to you all that things have changed a bit.  I will round this week off with finishing the letter Bb, and we will start our new lessons next Tuesday as Monday is a holiday here (Saskatchewan). 

Thank you for following along with Ducky's Arts and Activity Centre and I hope you enjoy the new program!

No comments:

Post a Comment