Now today was the special day to paint these little trinkets. Out comes the large garbage bags to cover my table, the 14 jars of paint and all the paint brushes I could find around the house. To town the kids went with painting. What kid doesn't like to paint???? Once we were done painting our cut outs on to what else.... FINGER PAINTING of course. What a blast, what a mess! But the joy they had doing all of it and the joy I had cleaning off 6 kids and all the paint brushes.
Here's the recipe I used for our salt dough:
Ingredients: (I tripled the recipe and found it was more then enough for 6 kids)
- 1 cup of fine salt
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of water (may add more)
- In a large bowl, combine the salt and the flour
- Make a well in the salt/flour mixture and add the water
- Knead until smooth and shape into a ball
- When not in use, wrap in plastic or store in an airtight container
- Bake at 350 F for 10 minutes or until hard
Knead to get an even color.
Additional pictures are displayed on: Ducky's Photos